Got Bush?
August 22, 2017, 12:26:19 AM *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: RSS FEED: http://gotbush.org/forums/index.php?action=.xml;sa=news
Advanced search  
Emerald Scenery Design
TEAMSPEAK is hosted by Emerald Scenery Design. Join us. Info in the Operations Center
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Alaskan Mesh Project - Now Available!  (Read 62 times)
christopherbritton
Scenery Developer Dude
Legendary Elder

Attaboy Points: 131

Since October 28, 2010, 04:47:53 PM

Got Vintage?

« on: June 22, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »

Thanks (A sarcastic thanks) to Tropical Storm Cindy hitting the Gulf Coast, I have been off from work all week.

Yesterday, with the rain coming down in sheets and the wind howling, I decided to put my boredom to good use and show some love to my old flightsim stomping grounds around Talkeetna, Alaska. By that night, I compiled 207,920 sq km of 10 meter terrain mesh. Practically covering the entirety of SE Alaska. To top it off, I downloaded all the USGS 3m data that I could find in the coverage area and compiled it as well. These areas include the Matanuska Susitna river valley, Fairbanks, and Nome Creek.

I tried my best to cut the mesh off at the top border of the ORBX Southern Alaska coverage area so things wouldn't conflict. Follow the link below to get all the ins and outs, see the coverage area, comparisons, and download the mesh.

Even if some of you already use a 10m equivalent mesh for Alaska, you can always benefit from the 3m data included.  Enjoy!

https://emeraldscenerydesign.com/alaskan-mesh-project-now-available/

If you believe that it is impossible to land there, you were just proven wrong..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Your support is very important!
Average monthly costs: $55 USD

Donate with PayPal!
 0%

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.8 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS   

TERMS OF SERVICE Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.

Googlebot was here July 11, 2017, 01:02:27 PM