Got Bush?
July 23, 2017, 11:41:36 PM *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Teamspeak 3: See operations center board..
Advanced search  
Emerald Scenery Design
TEAMSPEAK is hosted by Emerald Scenery Design. Join us. Info in the Operations Center
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EC-135 auto pilot  (Read 8562 times)
Morgan
Developers
Legendary Elder

Attaboy Points: 130

Since April 17, 2009, 08:23:29 PM

« on: January 04, 2010, 07:21:31 PM »

Sitting in my VC I clearly have an autopilot. I can see all the buttons and knobs that control it and my cfg file tells me it should be working. I have found a helo autopilot on hovercontrol but haven't gotten it to work yet and found one that windspeaks did but haven't heard back from him about getting it yet. My question is am I missing a step to turn it on? I can't get the thing to work no matter what I do. I have tried installing EZGPS4 and it still won't work. I cN hit the test button and all the control buttons turn green but I still can't turn the auto pilot master on. I'd like to get the vc autopilot working. Any helo pilots with this model get theirs to work? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Chattanoogan
Resident Lunatic
STAFF
Geezer

Attaboy Points: 151

Since September 11, 2007, 06:41:50 PM

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »

Just to rule out the possibility that your doing something wrong, the keyboard command for autopilot master is Z, try that if it works then, its user error. :)

For more keyboard commands, check this out.

http://gotbush.org/forums/index.php?topic=1000.0
Morgan
Developers
Legendary Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »

yes i tried that
Garth
STAFF
Crater Inspector

Attaboy Points: 49

Since December 06, 2008, 06:30:50 PM

Taking names since 1992

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 12:43:18 AM »

Morgan, are we talking about Nemeth Designs EC-135?

If so, then your you of luck for trying to use the VC Autopilot, unfortunately. The one major thing that would have made the Nemeth EC-135 stand out from the crowd ended up not being simulated. Kinda sucks.

You may want to look into Dirk Fassbender's Autopilot system, if you haven't already.

Helicopter AUTOPILOT for FSX

I've never gotten it to install correctly, but I haven't tried lately. maybe you'll have better luck.

Also, you can look into HeliTrim, which acts like an airplanes trim system. I've gotten this one to install, however, it's hard to use if your joystick doesn't have the spring to center it (I tape mine up so it feels more like a cyclic).

windspeaks
ERA Air Boss
STAFF
Legendary Elder

Attaboy Points: 135

Since September 20, 2007, 12:28:21 AM

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 01:21:12 AM »

APH20 works like a charm

Morgan
Developers
Legendary Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:01:06 AM »

Yes Garth it is the Nemeth Designs EC-135. I also tried Dirk Fassbender's Autopilot system from Hovercontrol but I couldn't get it to work. That really sucks that they made the helo look like it has AP but then not let you use it.

I've heard your tool works windspeaks and I pmed you on FSE about it but have yet to get a response.
Mr.Mike
STAFF
Legendary Elder

Attaboy Points: 113

Since October 12, 2007, 08:51:42 PM

GotBush? Helicopter Instructor

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »

Yes Garth it is the Nemeth Designs EC-135. I also tried Dirk Fassbender's Autopilot system from Hovercontrol but I couldn't get it to work. That really sucks that they made the helo look like it has AP but then not let you use it.

I've heard your tool works windspeaks and I pmed you on FSE about it but have yet to get a response.

There are several helicopters on the market that have "Auto pilots"  from the Nemeth EC-135 to the HC 412 and the Cera 412.  FSX does not support a helicopter autopilot.  There is talk that the new Cera Bell 212 may have one or have a spot on the 3-D model to add one.

I have the HC075DI_FSX_COUGAR_AUTOPILOT by Dirk available at Hover Control.  It works well.  I understand that folks are having a hard time getting it up and running.  You really need to be familiar with setting up cockpits or panels to tailor it to your needs, how ever I think the ReadMe should have some basic set up points.  My computer has crashed out and currently dont have access to my files or FSX.  I use this auto pilot on all of my helos ranging from the default robinson and bell through all of my nemeth helos and some of my older converted FS9 helicopters that I run in FSX.

If you guys cant figure it out, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I cant do up a "how to" on the install here in the helo section.

The mark of a truly superior pilot is the use of his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring use of his superior skills

Garth
STAFF
Crater Inspector

Taking names since 1992

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »

FSX does not support a helicopter autopilot.

Hmmm. I wonder how Aerosoft got their Jayhawk and Seahawk to simulate the SAS and AFCS panel.

You can literally have it fly an entire route for you. It must be acting as a trim thing then, but that still makes it pretty interesting, since it can hold a hover pretty well, all on its own.

Even more interesting is that it's an FS2004 port over to FSX.
Mr.Mike
STAFF
Legendary Elder

Attaboy Points: 113

Since October 12, 2007, 08:51:42 PM

GotBush? Helicopter Instructor

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »

I have no clue.  I know auto pilot is a huge pain for FSX and helicopers.  There has been alot of discussion about helicopter autopilots and as far as I know the only one that works and works well is the one over in the HC down load section.  I cant comment on aerosofts jay hawk.  I own it but have never used it, I bought it the day before my computer crashed so its never been down loaded.

While I was fixing the wifes van it came to me as well.......  If the aerosoft autopilot works well, simply use that gauge in your other helicopter.  Set it up as a stand alone window in either the 2D cockpit or the VC or both.
Garth
STAFF
Crater Inspector

Taking names since 1992

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 01:37:59 AM »

That would be something to experiment with, although, I always seem to have trouble when messing with panels, ect. I'll make backups of all my stuff, then play around friday night with it. Try it in multiple helicopters, too.
Stick
Bass Clef
SYSOP
Infamous Blowhard

Attaboy Points: 132

Since August 24, 2007, 06:45:10 PM

Got Dummies?

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 01:15:01 AM »

I know WIndspeaks Heli autopilot works well. Hopefully we can twist his beard some and get some of those cool toys on an FTP/Download page huh??? Since Avsim is still being rebuilt it would be nice to have it around. For example, I just had to reinstall and need a few ships. the Beast mainly at this point.

When I see a Rabbit run into a bush and come out the other side I think to myself "That lucky bastard!"
Kyrelel
Tourist

Attaboy Points: 0

Since September 03, 2016, 08:52:43 AM

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »

APH20 works like a charm

Is this autopilot available anywhere? I am unable to find it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Your support is very important!
Average monthly costs: $55 USD

Donate with PayPal!
 0%

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.8 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS   

TERMS OF SERVICE Page created in 0.086 seconds with 25 queries.

Googlebot was here July 07, 2017, 10:43:37 PM